Monday 22 August 2022

Bea and Sue, Flying High (and a FLARE-UP)

We - Col, Bea and me - were watching the amazing Armand Duplantis at the European Games, as he pole-vaulted his way to victory. By the time he finished the bar was so high I was expecting a passing plane to come soaring under it, all its passengers cheering him on.  After he had finished dazzling us, and they had rescued him from the stratosphere, Bea (who had been watching from 'oop North) texted to suggest that she and i ought to have a go.

And what a team we would be - as long as they fitted a Stannah Srairlift and provided us with parachutes for the drop the other side. We are not as young as we were.   

Autumn is suddenly in the air.  You can feel the approaching season.  The workmen will return this week, but when they will finish I do not know.  We still need more rain, we have had some off and on, but not enough.

Sunday was the last of our PURSUE PEACE Convention Sessions.  The Convention ended on a talk that included what the Inspired Scriptures tell us will happen when the Thousand Years end.  And sadly my computer ended the session right in the middle of the lovely prayer of thanks one of our local elders was giving at the end.  

I had been banished to the kitchen as Col was home - not metal detecting for once - and his ipad (which I was using) ran out of charge about 1 minute before the convention ended.

I am in great pain today and back on my Zimmer - my left foot has been very painful and swollen for a couple of days now. I feel like I have flu, which is how I usually feel during an arthritis flare-up. But I was able to sleep, so is not as bad as it can be. Yet.

To cheer myself up - and hopefully my readers too -  I will end this blog with these lovely words from the last talk of the Convention:

"Next, the end, when he (Jesus) hands over the Kingdom to his God and Father, when he has brought to nothing all government and all authority and power. For he must rule as king until God has put all enemies under his feet. And the last enemy, death, is to be brought to nothing. For God “subjected all things under his feet.” But when he says that ‘all things have been subjected,’ it is evident that this does not include the One who subjected all things to him. But when all things will have been subjected to him, then the Son himself will also subject himself to the One who subjected all things to him, that God may be all things to everyone." - 1 Corinthians 15:24-28

The questions raised in Eden will have been answered once and for all time. Never again will we see suffering on the earth.  There will be no more sickness, old age and death.  And Jesus, unlike Satan, does not want worship for himself, so he hands everything over to his Father, Jehovah.

If we have the privilege of being there, we will be perfect, and our connection to our Creator, so tragically broken in Eden, will be restored. We will no longer be imperfect and dying, but perfect and living.

We do not yet know what that will feel like, but I hope that, at the end of the Thousand years, we will.   And then...  well who knows what happiness lies ahead. But we know. because Jehovah has told us so. that we will be joyful for ever in what he has created.

No comments:

Post a Comment