Thursday 28 July 2022

The Magpie Moth



The family visit continues, all going well so far, though we had to contend with some noise as they extended the scaffolding in front of lounge and dining room windows.  No netting as yet though.  It is amazing. This work has been going on for two years, but it reaches us during the actual week - the one week this year - the family is down!

The lovely Magpie Moth above appeared on our balcony on Tuesday morning, and was still there Tuesday afternoon.  The magpie had not eaten it.   It's quite large though, so could it have eaten the magpie?

On Tuesday, I also found that I had a part in the Ministry School this week... which was a bit of a shock. Anyway, I got something down asap and practised it on Pen, who made a very good householder.  My script will probably appear in my next blog.  We are working through our new interactive Bible study aid  Enjoy Life Forever - and I am referencing one of its short - very short - videos in my script. The point I am making is the effort "the world" has made to stop people finding out what the Bible actually says, and how miraculous it is that it has not only survived but is the most widely translated and distributed book in the world.

We - eight of us - went out for a meal to the Arun View last night.  It was as nice as ever, staff so friendly, food good. And, importantly, the menu was suitable for two little girls, who really only want burgers and ice-cream.  Pen and I had two dishes from their veggie menu - an excellent nut roast, and a veggie burger with goats cheese and sweet potato chips.  Delicious.



No comments:

Post a Comment