Wednesday 13 July 2022

Crumbling



For some days Bea has been trying to send us through a picture of the fuchsia in her splendid garden.  It finally came last night.  I am going to see if I can do a Download then an Upload and get it to appear at the this blogpost.  Here goes.

YES!  Perhaps I am not as crumbly as I thought.

And that neatly brings me on to What I Did Yesterday, because I made a rhubarb crumble in the afternoon.  The morning was filled with the Field service meeting in Zoom.  And that was about it.  Oh, and on Monday I had the usual Zoom session with my siblings - same same for the Captain with his brothers - plus a brief Zoom appearance by Aunt Bea. All seems well.  And I also managed to get a card and short letter posted to Jean's family.  I sent them a card Bea had made from one of her beautiful silk paintings, and I also included the link to my blogpost about Jean - which was a couple of days ago - memories of our adventures together on the field service.

The scripture I put in that blog, about Jehovah's promise of the resurrection, combined with the fuchsia above has made me think of my mother.  She loved fuchsia as it reminded her of childhood holidays in Cornwall, pre WW2.  Apparently you did not see fuchsia much in the gardens of Manchester back then, if at all, but it was flowering in Cornwall in her childhood summers.

My granny still had the house at Praa Sands in my early 1950s childhood, and I felt much the same about the Thrift that used to be growing on the cliffside walk down to the beach. We have some Thrift on our balcony here, flowering now. 

Jehovah has promised us that "many of those asleep in the dust of the ground" will wake up.  He will wake them.  So I can hope that my mother has a wonderful awakening ahead of her when the time comes for the resurrection.  Maybe she will next open her eyes in a Cornish cliffside garden, thrift and fuchsia flowering all around her and the sound of the sea in her ears?  

No comments:

Post a Comment