Tuesday 19 July 2022

Red Alert Heat day (and A FLARE UP)

Sunday evening there was a SUSSAR call out for Captain Moth-Butterfly and the Search and Rescue Team.

https://www.sussar.org.uk/

He went off in a whirl of activity mid-evening (think Superman hurtling out of his phone box) and reappeared somewhere in the early hours.  They did not find the Misper (missing person, to you and me), but he arrived back to his home alive and well about the same time Col got back here. So all is well that ends well.

My left shoulder and right ankle have been so painful for the last 3 days that i have had to stop my gentle exercise regimen.  Its not - yet - and thank God - the violent flare up that stops me in my tracks leaving me not knowing what to do for the pain. But it has slowed me down a lot and made me very tired.  Old age is a painful business.

I had my 5th anti-Covid vax on Sunday morning and held up all the queue as they decided whether or not I could safely give myself my injection of the immune suppressant on the same day or not.  The decision was to change the vax they were about to give me to the one I had before, with no problems, and hold off the other injection until Monday morning.

Monday was, apparently, our first Red Alert Heat Day in the UK, with temperatures forecast to rise above the Sahara.  However we had a sea breeze all day, which kept things nicely unSahara-like.  My sister in Sheffield, our Northern hometown, seems to have had a much hotter day.

Once again, I think about Jesus when he was on the earth, calming the storm.  And his disciples asking each other: “What sort of person is this? Even the winds and the sea obey him.”

Watching the undignified - but politically necessary - scramble to replace Boris Johnson as PM makes me sad because the perfect ruler is in front of us, inviting all of us to come to him.  Jesus is the King of Jehovah's Kingdom. And he will rule the earth so perfectly that it will become the paradise of peace his Father has always intended it should be.  

As he is the annointed one of Jehovah, even the winds and the sea will obey him.  Jesus will control the climate perfectly.

Today, Tuesday, is supposed to be even hotter.  And on the lunchtime News we were told that today is officially the hottest day recorded in the UK.  We still have our sea breeze, for which we are very grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment