Sunday 10 July 2022

Hold the Presses - New Moth on Balcony



For the last few days our balcony wall has been full of Browntail moths.  The breakfasting Magpie clearly does not like the taste of them.  And we had a new moth - one new to our balcony - turn up yesterday: the Satin Lutestring - see Col's photo above.  And Saturday morning we had a wonderful display of creamy moths: a Swallowtail, loads of Browntails (which are white with a white furry ruff - presumably with brown tails - my eyes aren't really up to it these days), and a Boxtree.  

All of them are so exquisite, so perfect.   Ecclesiastes 3:11 says: He has made everything beautiful in its time.  He has even put eternity in their heart; yet mankind will never find out the work that the true God has made from start to finish.

The creation is awe-inspiring.  We will never find out all that Jehovah has done, all the wonder of it - we will always be learning.    And in harmony with that thought I spent this morning Zooming to the Friday afternoon session of the online convention: PURSUE PEACE.

It will be online until the end of August I think.  It was all exceptional - and so practical.  And I especially recommend the talk "Loyally Support the Prince of Peace".

There are lots of interesting little videos included.

We - Captain Moth-Butterfly and myself - spent the afternoon watching the Men's Final at Wimbledon.  It was a four setter in which Novak Djokovic beat Nick Krygios.  They gave us a very exciting match - so I guess the seeding worked well.  And I was very taken with Novak's lovely wife. She is a beautiful, elegant and fragile lady who wore a wonderful pink princess dress.  

I would love to wear something like that - but would look a complete prannet if I did. It looked so good on her though. I think I heard a commentator say it was their tenth wedding anniversary. 

Congratulations to them both if so.



No comments:

Post a Comment