Monday 28 February 2022

Heartbreaking

Heartbreaking scenes from the Ukraine.  And has President Putin under-estimated the strength of Ukrainian resistance?  But who knows what is really going on behind all this?   The world of politics and war is so cruel, so devious.

What we do know is that it is a nightmare for the Ukrainian people, and for those young Russian soldiers, pawns in the cruel Great Game,  and their worried families.  The more this goes on, the more hatred will be incurred.  What will happen next I do not know, but the deaths are mounting.

I was very glad to have the Zoom field service meetings on Saturday  and Sunday mornings - they are an oasis of peace and calm in a frightening and chaotic world.

Here is a very short and very comforting article:

https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/world-peace-elusive/

Col's alarm clock went at 4:30 Saturday morning.  But at least it makes sure I do not sleep in - and I get more done in the morning than I ever do in the afternoon.   We got a bit of a lie-in on Sunday, as the alarm was set for 5.30...  He has no exciting finds for the week, but i was thinking about how many of his finds are ordnance from the wars that have been fought over the centuries.   

We have learnt nothing from our past it seems.

We are all still hooked on Wordle, and I managed it in 2 today!   A lucky guess after I put in my first word.  The only problem is that unless my first test word happens to be the Wordle of the day, it is all downhill from now on.  Which seems a bit of a metaphor somehow.


No comments:

Post a Comment