Friday 24 December 2021

My First Flow Test for Covid

Feeling as if I had a bit of a cold, we did do a couple of Covid flow tests. What a kerfuffle.  However, it seems we got it right, the right sort of line appeared on the appropriate thingummy, and for the moment anyway, we are Covid free.  The situation with the new variant - Omicrom - seems to be that it is much more infectious, but possibly less serious. And it does seem - so far - that vaccinations plus booster is effective in keeping it, well not at bay, you can still get it, but in a mild form.

Early days though...

We actually went and did a bit of shopping on Thursday.  Very very difficult as as soon as I put on my mask to go into a shop, my glasses steam up.  I take them off and can see nothing without them.  I gave up after half an hour and not much got bought.  I am still doing my exercises and still being crushed by the crisp packet.  "One day!" I cry, as it wins again.

The world - the current system of things on the earth - continues in its (un)merry way, with a shortage of peace on earth and goodwill to all men.

Here are the experiences of one of my dear Russian sisters, Yelena Menchikova:

"The investigator denied Yelena’s petition to dismiss the case after she explained her actions by quoting from the Bible. According to the investigator, it was the use of Biblical texts that confirmed the “criminal nature” of her activities."

https://www.jw.org/en/news/jw/region/russia/Faithful-Examples-and-Prayer-to-Her-Best-Friend-Jehovah-Strengthen-Sister-Yelena-Menchikova/

Is it a tribute to the power of the Bible that it attracts such hostility?  And given that it is a book that teaches us to "lay down" our weapons, to try to live peacefully with our neighbours, and to treat everyone with the kindness and respect we would want for ourselves, where is the "criminal nature"?


No comments:

Post a Comment