Wednesday 10 March 2021

The Memorial

This will link you to an invitation to the Memorial of Jesus' death, to be held worldwide on Saturday the 27th of March, after sundown - 6.30 in this country.  And, in our congregation, the Special Talk will be held on Sunday the 21st of March, at 10.00 a.m.    w.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/memorial/

You would be so welcome to join us for both, or for either.  Just let me know and I will send you the co-ordinates for Zoom or phone. And your local congregation can do the same.

In the meantime, sad health news about an old friend - I ought to say more sad health news about yet another old friend. We are all in the Death Zone, under the ThreeScoreYearsandTen Rule - all mountaineers in the Everest of Old Age.  And I am sure there is a Haiku in that somewhere, if only I can find it.

Today will be very busy.  Supermarket delivery arrives - followed by Zoom field service meeting - then family Zoom with the siblings - then off  to the Dentist for the beginning of my ordeal - just a short trip to have moulds taken of the soon to be gone teeth.  I hope they can hang on in my mouth for another few hours, just to get that done.  Then fruit and veg delivery in the afternoon, studying, and special field service meeting in the evening.

And, as I finish this blog, the first three things have been accomplished - hospital call good, and the first supermarket delivery has arrived and been sorted without the Captain and I shouting at each other and geting in each others way too much. And my teeth have survived the dentist and are still in my head.  I missed the morning field service though - computer troubles.

The headline news is all about the Oprah Winfrey interview with MegHarry.

There are terrible terrible things going on the Yemen, at the moment, in Myanmar, in China and in our own prisons.   That though is not headline news.


No comments:

Post a Comment