Saturday 13 March 2021

New Flowers for Spring






The Captain came back with some African Violets and a couple of new Orchids for our flower table.  IF I can make my phone work, there will be a photo or two on this blog to welcome them.  Lockdown continues, though, in theory, with an end in sight.  The days continue to fly by, so fast.  And for a solitary,  aspergery soul like myself, lockdown takes a lot of stress away.  I will miss it when its gone.  But I do understand that most people will not.

More sad news from an old friend - a very good friend - from Planet Expat.  His daughter, who is taking such wonderful care of him, says he is approaching the end, and is no longer really eating.   You don't think when you are young what the end of life will be like - and its a mercy that you don't!  One thing is that your family, your friends, people you know, people who were a part of your life, are all, one by one, dropping off that awful edge.

Spring is on the way, but we are coming into the Winter of our lives now.

A friend dropped off some more invites on Thursday, so I have 11 more Memorial invitations to send out, and just about enough stamps I think.  And we had a lovely session on Zoom on Wednesday, 4 of us writing out invitation letters, chatting, swapping ideas, with Captain B, joining in and making us laugh now and then.

If it were not for Jehovah sending his witnesses to my door all those years ago, I would not now have the lovely worldwide congregation family - nor would I have this wonderful hope that the link, so fatally broken in Eden, will soon be restored, and we can live forever, with those we love, in the restored earthly paradise.  The whole load of stress, and the burden of imperfection, that each one of us carries will be gone for good.

No photo of our new orchids as yet, but there may be one if I can get my shaky arthritic hands to take a photo of them that is not out of focus.  And on that thrilling cliffhanger...



No comments:

Post a Comment