Wednesday 3 March 2021

A One Tea Bag Night

March has arrived. And the old saying about March is that if it comes in like a lion it goes out like a lamb - and presumably vice versa.   However, I can't say Monday was lionlike.  It was sunny  - but surprisingly cold.  So much so that Captain B did not even go out for his walk.   Tuesday was cold and misty. But the sea was calm.  I can deduce nothing from all that about how March will end.

At this time of year, in my 1950s childhood, in my Northern hometown, I would watch for some of the little shoots appearing in my father's cherished garden to turn themselves into perfect little lupins. I knew as a child I was seeing a miracle, it was like being in Wonderland.   For too many years after that I let myself be side-tracked by the Theory of Evolution, assuming that scientific people, much much cleverer than I was, had proved it.

Of course it remains a theory and with our increasing knowledge about the complexity of the creation, a theory even more full of holes than Darwin honestly acknowledged back in the day.

I am not sleeping well at the moment, am in a lot of pain and its a bit of a struggle. Last night I was up in the early hours sipping a cup of the Sleep tea a kind friend gave me -  Twinings spiced apple and vanilla with camomile and passionflower - and it, and a dose of The Chase on the TV, did get me back to sleep eventually.

Our first supermarket delivery - Waitrose - has just arrived and been sorted and our fruit and veggie box arrives this afternoon.   We have an extra meeting this evening for the field service, and I am going to see if I can up my field service hours, so hope to attend.

Anyway, back to Tea Bag Business.  My kind friend has added a Scripture to each one, for comfort on a sleepless night. And last night's was Philippians 4:6,7, which says: 

"Do not be anxious over anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication along with thanksgiving, let your petitions be made known to God;  and the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and your mental powers by means of Christ Jesus."

Perfect.  


No comments:

Post a Comment