Sunday 14 July 2019

The Mothosaurus

Pine Hawk-moth, Sphinx pinastri
"Look what's on the balcony!"  shouted the Captain as I was tottering off to bed on Friday night.   I looked.  I saw, and wondered if I should summon the Town Crier who could sound a warning about keeping all small children in at night.

A wonderful beast.   And friendly too.  It was quite happy to sit on Col's hand and be photographed.  So I cancelled the Town Crier.

It was such a hot Saturday.  We were out on the Field Service, then back to the Hall for a cup of tea and a biscuit and a watch of the Broadcast.  An especially lovely one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwqsGjEmKv8

Our fridge has stopped working - so Col and Jacks went and got fish and chips for our Saturday night supper.  We followed it up with ice-cream, as the freezer, thankfully, still works.

No comments:

Post a Comment