Friday 12 July 2019

The Computer Whisperer

"Can you have a look at my computer when you have a moment?" I asked Captain Butterfly.   It would not boot up. I had tried to re-start, and all that.  But it wouldn't.    "When you have made the breakfast" I added hastily.

The Captain flies the coffee-machine in the morning, and makes his porridge.  I have oats soaked overnight, with fruit and seeds.  He organises it all.

The next thing I knew my computer was working.  Had he whispered gently in its ear, coaxing it into action?   Or had he barked "Stop messing about and get on with it!" 

I think the latter is the more likely scenario.

Jean and I had nearly two and a half hours on the work yesterday morning talking to a lady who is not coping well with the loss of her husband.   But why should she be really?  We were never meant to lose the ones we love.

Jean left the current Watchtower magazine:  "Is Life Worth Living?"

It could have been made for her, so we hope and pray she will read it, seriously read it.   Help is there, perfect loving help, if we will take it.    And every one of us damaged children of Adam urgently needs to be drawing close to our Creator, Jehovah, as the present wicked system  of things on the earth comes crashing to its end.

Its the Broadcast at the Hall tomorrow, so a busy day. And Jackie is coming over for supper.

However, our fridge is not working properly - very very worrying as my fearsome arthritis med has to be kept refrigerated.  We really need a new one, but finding one that will fit into its slot in our kitchen is proving next to impossible.

What the system seems to require is that we go to the trouble and expense of having a whole new kitchen fitted....  aaaaarrrrggghhhh

Can Captain Butterfly morph into the Fridge Whisperer?  Please.


No comments:

Post a Comment