Sunday 25 November 2018

Saturday Night

Its Saturday night and we are just waiting for AM and Jacks to arrive for supper.  I thought it was about time I actually cooked something, rather than Cooksed it, and we are having Paprika chicken - with rice, and a salad. Followed by the usual ice-cream.

Jean and I had a lovely morning on the Field Service, and I was also out Wednesday afternoon and Thursday morning with others of my siblings.  I am still way behind with my calls though. I don't think we ever catch up.

And I am behind with my blogs too - as its now Sunday evening and I am waiting for Captain B to return from his treasure hunting.  Supper is ready - chicken vegggie soup, made using the last of the Paprika chicken from last night.    Everyone seemed to like the food - and had seconds. But i wasn't too enthused about it.  However, we all had a good evening - lots of chatting and laughter (and wine).

The Captain even gave AM the last of his calendars, the one that he had earmarked for the Raffle at the Wetlands Trust!   

There was lots of perfect advice, kindly and patiently delivered, at the Kingdom Hall today. We were considering how tenderly and carefully Jehovah looks after his congregated people - how that exodus of thousands from slavery in Egypt was so carefully organised.  And that was followed by the miraculous delivery at the Red Sea.

We need to build a strong faith in Jehovah now.  And experiencing the loving and orderly way we are cared for in the congregations is very faith-building.

I note a headline in the Sundays, saying something like "ADAM & EVE DID EXIST, scientists discover all humans are the descendants of one couple!!"

Yes.  Genesis has been telling us that from the beginning.  We are all the damaged children of disobedient Adam, all brother and sisters, all caught in the same trap, and all in need of the same rescue.

And we are all made from the dust of the ground - we are made out of the lovely earth we live on. And, if we listen to our Creator, we can live on it forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment