Tuesday 16 October 2018

Supper with Miss Jackie

Jacks came Saturday night - we had lamb shank, mashed potatoes, carrots and broccoli - followed by ice-cream and some chocolates we had saved from Jon and Linda's wedding.    A great evening - almost like old times - though Jacks and me are in no way what we were.

Saturday I was out with the Kingdom Hall group, working with one of my brothers on a housing estate so new I didn't even know it was there.   We had a great morning and I placed some literature, but will I find my way back - bearing in mind that I am the sort of person who needs a map to find her way to her own front door?

And today I am rather zombified.  We - the Arundel 3, Terry, the Captain and me - went to a talk on Indonesia in Arundel - a great talk, one of the best ever - but when we got back Col had a SUSSAR callout to help search for a dementia patient who had gone missing.   I made him some sandwiches and off he went, into the West Sussex wilderness.  It was a dark and foggy night.  And I lay awake and worried.

The older I get, the more fragile everything seems.

The lost guy - or misper, to use the technical term - was found wandering around a field calling for help - so glad that help arrived - and thanks to all searchers, police and civilians who turned out until the early hours.    Col got back about 3 a.m. so I was able to get to sleep, but I feel exhausted this morning.   Jean and I did manage to get to the Field Service Group at the Hall, but it was a bit of a scramble on my part.

And hello Bob of the North (of Thailand), in case you have dropped by.  I see you and Captain Butterfly have been talking on facebook about attending a reunion. And Col mentioned my blog.  Hope you are all well and enjoying your retirement.

No comments:

Post a Comment