Friday 12 October 2018

Are you Banksy?

I asked Captain Butterfly the question as we watched the news about the mysterious artist Banksy - and the way he built a shredder into one of his paintings which was activated (in a way as mysterious as himself) the moment it was sold at Sothebys for a trillion dollars, or some such.

We both take his point about the Art World - and the obscene amounts of money involved - but at the same time note that Banksy has also upped the value of his artwork yet again.

Hence my hopeful question.  Could the mysterious Captain B be the mysterious artist Banksy?!!!

No.   He isn't.   Pity, as some of that money would have been nice.
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/buyer-of-banksy-piece-that-shredded-moments-after-it-was-sold-for-over-1m-at-sothebys-auction-will-a3959896.html

Still, I wasn't very hopeful as I don't see how he would find the time to go around building shredders into paintings, let alone do any paintings in the first place.  He has been on SUSSAR callouts, SUSSAR training, Detectorists Meets, Butterfly business etc etc.  But hopefully he is at home today.  He is making the breakfast as I speak

If he brings through SHREDDED Wheat, dare I hope that some Banksyan money is going to come our way?

Well, it was the usual oats and fruit, so I guess not. Lovely brekkie though - the Captain makes the best coffee.

Tuesday Jean and I managed to get to the Field Service Group, do some first calls and some return visits.  Wednesday was a hospital day - at Bognor.  And Thursday was a GP day.  I asked Dr.M (perhaps I should call him Doc Martin) if it was OK to go on using the strong steroid cream.   "Ok" was his answer "It can be damaging to the skin,  But we won't worry. If you were 7 we would, but as you are 70..."

Indeed.  My skin doesn't have to last all that much longer either way let's face it.

Though I am hoping to "inherit the earth", and live forever upon it in, but in a renewed, perfect, living body.  Not in this old worn out and dying one.   And the meeting last night was full of comfort - well worth driving through the rain for.


No comments:

Post a Comment