Saturday 17 November 2018

Wrestling with Letter, Card and Email

Not sleeping too well... and its hard to think at the moment. But I need to write a sympathy card and letter to Aunt Jo's brother and his wife.   I want to find the right words to say as it has been a privilege to have a Jo as an honorary aunt all these years. 

We got a lovely card when we shopped in Worthing Wednesday afternoon. I had a routine hospital visit - all well, thank Goodness.     Which is unusual these days.    But now I am struggling to write the letter. I just want to say how lovely it was to have had Jo in our lives as an aunt and friend, and how much I will miss that, even though we are glad that her valiant struggle with the horrors of old age is now over.

And the card... I got a lovely one from Waitrose - but I must find the right words.

Hopefully I did as we got to the funeral in London yesterday and handed the card and letter over to Jeremy and Paddy.   My first day trip to London for some years. I hope to blog about the funeral later.

We had gone to Dorking Thursday evening to see Chris Packham - so we had a late night and  a very early start.  And it meant I missed the meeting at the Kingdom Hall. 

However, we got to the funeral.  And we are very very glad we did.



No comments:

Post a Comment