Tuesday 13 November 2018

Back to the Field

Back to the field this morning with the valiant Jean. I rang her at the usual time.  "Sue" she said hesitantly "Would you mind if we went out a little later this morning, I have had a very bad night?"

"Well" I said kindly "If that is what you need Jean, of course,...  and by the way HURRAY as I am not up to much this morning either."

Anyway, we did nearly two hours - most of it one call - tea, biscuits, and invited back. 

Then it was home to make a curry (veggie) for tomorrow and the soup for tonight.   And to get my Expense Form sorted out - for my butterfly expenses, having my wings serviced, that sort of thing.  That is such a tiresome chore, but it is done now.  The Captain lugged the new memberships to the Post Office - and also posted the 2019 Calendars - his year in the field - the more literal fields. 

And the lovely Jean rang me this evening to tell me that she was re-reading "Old Playgrounds" - and how much she loved it.  I said I would pass on her comments to the family, as it is a small selection of family poems.  Sad and funny, and I hope interesting.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B007FQEDUU/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1

Julia emailed to say that the Thank you flowers we sent her had arrived.  (Address: The Hollowed out Oak Tree in Sherwood Forest.)  And she says she will come down for a visit - perhaps next Spring.

Hospital tomorrow - yet another routine check up - no wonder the poor old NHS is in trouble, havng to cope with me and my old age...  feel quite guilty about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment