Sunday 22 April 2018

Writing, Editing, Publishing

I just read Janet Dean Knight's about to be published novel - not sure if I can name it before its published - a good read - and very evocative of a lost world - working class England of the 1930s, just pre-war. I particularly like the way she has the names and the tiny details right.

We saw Dan - my young publisher - briefly this week - and I must remember to send him one of my short stories as soon as I get back.

Captain B was out in Endcliffe Vale yesterday afternon.  Its a lovely day and I feel frustrated I can't go, but I do hold him back. Also we have no hot water. The tank sprang a leak a few days ago and none of us can have a shower while it awaits repair.  So I don't want to get hot sticky and dusty.

We would have left on Friday, but Col has Metal Detecting Business this weekend. Important stuff he assures me.

Alex, Nadine and the two youngest granddaughters should be joining us for lunch today. Sausages and mash - in deference to 7 and 4 year old preferences, to be followed by mini choc ices or ice lollies.  The Captain's alarm went off at 5.30 and he, his metal detector and a box of sandwiches, have vanished into the wilds of Derbyshire.

Foghorn Doris has been barking madly at squirrels.  The garden is full of them. Fortunately the foghorn gives them ample warning, as she is a Jack Russell and would not be kind to them if she caught them.

No comments:

Post a Comment