Saturday 20 January 2018

Team Tortoise versus Team Woodpecker

Great Spotted Woodpecker, Dendrocopos major
"Here we go, here we go, here we go" chanted Captain Butterfly as I tottered through for my breakfast.  He makes the breakfasts and flies the coffee machine in the morning.

"I don't think I'm up to football this morning", I said palely.  But we agreed that I might manage on Team Tortoise, if it was playing Slug United.  I might just be able to keep up the pace.  And I would certainly block the goalmouth nicely these days, if they wanted to put me in as goalie.

On Wednesday I picked up Jean and we spent the afternoon with Maggie.  She has fewer words than ever, but keeps so cheerful, and gives us such a warm welcome.  When I got back I found that more Butterfly Memberships had sneaked through my letter box. So I gritted my teeth and got them done.  I also cleaned out the fridge, and used up all the veggies in making a soup for supper.

Thursday I was out with one of the young sisters in the afternoon.   And it was the meeting in the evening. I have been given another part in the Ministry School, but not till March.   I have to work on the use of simple illustrations.   And I have one in mind already. (Lets face it, I have a simple mind.)

Yesterday was a quiet day in - and some metal detecting for the Captain.  And he got a lovely shot of a Woodpecker this week - in Arundel.

No comments:

Post a Comment