Monday 22 January 2024

Important Research - Sofa-ology

 

 


After some intensive sofa work, I can say our newly foamed cushions are working well. We had a bit of drama though as Col decided that the risers on it - which were put on for me - are too high, and I know they are not comfortable for guests. So as we had newly risen plumped up cushions, the thought was that I could probably manage without.

With a team effort - effort being the word - we got them off.  I sat down. I tried to get up... a hopeless struggle, but I could manage it if I propped two cushions against the arm and sort of levered myself from there.  Col then decided the answer was to buy more risers, but half the size.  He ordered them online, they came the next day and, after another titanic struggle, they were fitted. I can now leap on and off the sofa like a gazelle - an elderly arthritic one, but I can do it. And it will be now be more comfortable for our rare visitors.

We were quite hospitable in our day. But times have changed.

And if my blog readers have dozed off during this dullard bulletin, then I plan to be joining you in Slumberland, at every opportunity, as I continue my intensive research into the new sofa cushions.

We had the rehearsal at the Hall on Saturday, after the Training Session for the Literature Carts.  It all went smoothly - and the Training was interesting and fun as it involved lots of little role-playing scenarios.  Those on the literature carts need to be able to deal with any situation that comes up - but always with, as the Bible says, "mildness and deep respect".

Anyway, I will be very glad when it is next Monday, and my moment on the Big Stage has come and gone.  As long as it has gone OK of course and I haven't fallen over, forgotten my lines, or disgraced myself in some way...   oh dear.  Clearly I was not made for a career in the Theatre.

I searched the Captain's blog picture gallery for: sofa/pillow/cushion, and came up with the Panamic Cushion Star, taken on his Galapagos Dive Trip.  It is more spectacular than our cushions, which are a dark blue.

Storm Isha seems to have come and gone locally, causing wonderful stormy seas here, but doing a lot of damage elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment