Wednesday 15 November 2023

Storm Debi



We were told there was another storm on the way - Storm Debi apparently.  And we woke up on Monday morning to find it had arrived - wonderful waves on the Channel.  I will see if I can find a stormy photo of our seafront to head this blog - one taken by Captain B of course.

Stormy weather, stormy news, as brother continues to kill brother.  Thank God for the truth - Christianity being called "the way of the truth" - and the assurance it gives of real peace coming to the earth.

I had the 5 minute Bible study last week. I was conducting it, my partner was the student.  There was a lot of material, so I had to be selective.  There are going to be some changes to the School next year, which will be interesting. And challenging, especially for me. My special skill is Not Talking to People...  but, with Jehovah's help, all things are possible.

If our Creator was requiring us to witness to the animals, the plants, the furniture, the washing on the line, I reckon I would be a star... I chat to them all the time. But, for me, trying to start friendly conversations with those strange creatures, my fellow human beings...

The Circuit Overseer made a telling point on his visit when he spoke about how Jesus approached the Samaritan woman at the well.  He pointed out he did not introduce himself this way:  "Good morning, I am Jesus, the Messiah, from the Nazareth Congregation" - Cf my approach at the doors. "Hello, I am Sue Knight from the local congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses".

Instead he asked her if he could have a glass of water. Which caught her attention, as Jews did not have any dealings with Samaritans, let alone Samaritan women.

If you read the account in John chapter 4 you will see that Jesus went on to give her such an effective witness that she went straightaway to tell her fellow countrymen about him.

There is a powerful lesson there. Although if I now start turning up on your doorsteps asking for a glass of water, you will know I have failed to get the point.

Sadly the chance of my turning up on doorsteps is receding by the day.  My blistered foot is so painful this morning there is no way I could put a shoe on it.  I did get myself to the Kingdom Hall yesterday, but that has left me unable to put shoes on today.

Thankfully I have no medical appointments this week. I have no medical appointments this week!!    Not to worry, I have plenty coming up before the year's end though. 

It was pouring down on Tuesday morning, big waves on the Channel.  I zoomed with a friend - did a bit of studying, some housework, and made a cauliflower curry. But that was about it.  I feel very anxious about us both at the moment - our age and our health. But I also have to remind myself that every day is a bonus now, and appreciate it, and try  to use it in the right way.

And in harmony with that thought I was invited to join in a Zoom Bible study this morning.  


No comments:

Post a Comment