Thursday 15 September 2022

The Irony of Health Food

My old driving licence went in the post with my application for the new one Tuesday morning. Which makes me even more nervous about driving. I am covered as long as it is in the post, until I get the new one, or until they advise me that I am now too old and am not going to get my renewal.  Hopefully they won't do that yet. 

But still, I would rather not be asked for it at the moment. In fact, I hope I will never be in a situation when I am asked for it.  If it happens, I must remember to say to the Policeman in question: "It's a fair cop guv, you've got me bang to rights."

If the whole thing comes to court and they have to read that out of their notebook, surely the jury will acquit?

Anyway, I did spend Tuesday morning out on the work. Wednesday was letter witnessing via Zoom with two sisters - in my case it was tackling an email I needed to answer, about the meaning of Jesus teaching his followers to be "no part" of the world.   

There is so much to say about that that it was surprisingly difficult being selective and sticking to a few points and a couple of questions. And that was probably one point and one question too many.

We talked to Jacks and to Bea, and to Linda via Zoom. She was asking if were going to go the next Expat reunion and showed us a pic of the new house she and Jon are in the process of buying.  Col and I shopped for our fruit and veg.  And in that shopping trip lies the irony of the title.  I popped into a new (to me) shop selling healthy foods in the hopes i might be able to find some black mustard seeds.  I did! I also bought a bag of lentil crisps for a treat, and some Quinoa, a grain good for diabetics that I am training myself to like.

Anyway, for the sake of my exercises I walked back up the stairs - carrying the small bag of "healthy" foods I had bought.  This morning my right foot is so painful and swollen I can hardly hobble round the flat...

I shall be at the field service this morning in Zoom - and maybe the meeting tonight too - depending on how the foot progresses. 

I have been working slowly away at reading, commenting and preparing a couple of blogs on Curtis Urness' book.  As I said, my batteries are running low.

No comments:

Post a Comment