Saturday 3 September 2022

A Regal Angelfish

 



Our September calendar opened with this lovely Angelfish taken by Col in the Indian Ocean many years ago.  I hope its life was/is a happy one.   

September 1st marked the end of Lockdown for me as we were back out on the door to door work.  With much trepidation I got myself ready and managed just 20 minutes with a brother and sister, who kindly ran me back to my car at the end.  It was a lovely day, but quite close. 

The sister I was out with wanted to tell me how much she enjoyed my book!  That was so encouraging.  What I aim for is for the book to make people want to turn the page, to create the world of the book such that it draws the reader in. 

I know of course that the Covid crisis is not over and am still taking reasonable precautions. We all wear masks at the Kingdom Hall for example.  I guess this winter will show us whether it is basically another kind of flu we will have to live with, or if it is something more sinister.  

I did 20 minutes only on the doors and my back... well, least said soonest mended. But I was glad to have been there when the work re-started after over 2 years.   I spent 2 hours on the work on Friday morning - 2 return visits. - so sitting down.  Hopefully we have a Bible study started, using the brochure "Enjoy Life Forever" - which is available to all as an on-line course to take in your own home, at a time that suits you.  I can still remember the day I began to find out what the Bible on my shelf actually said, as opposed to what I had thought it said.  It was a day that changed my life, infinitely for the better.

https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/jw-bible-study-course/



No comments:

Post a Comment