Thursday 9 June 2022

The Splendid Moths of Corfu - The Guide



Here is the link to Captain Moth-Butterfly's Guide to Corfiot Moths

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uzBQ5kMM0qiZIjIq7s2WKIK-NkHOe5Z7/view

The above is a Giant Peacock Moth, taken on one of his trips to Corfu.   The creation is so wonderful.

However, I am not too impressed with the noble Lord Smartphone at the moment - or whoever it was who created the Smartphone.  Why did he do it?!  Mine rings, and no matter what I do it will hardly ever let me answer it. . I swipe up, I swipe down, I remember my code. I put it in. I swipe up I swipe up, I swipe down. The thing stops ringing.  My real phone rings, and I simply pick it up and answer it.  As easy as that. 

Yesterday the ringee was Penny - she had to resort to the real phone to ask why I hadn't turned up at the family Zoom meeting!  I had lost my bearings as to where I was in the week.  Usually Captain M-B is out all day a'detecting on Sunday. But he was home this Sunday.

It looks like there are changes coming up in that we are hearing that the public preaching work will re-start - not door to door yet, but the literature carts, and some return visits.  I have had a couple of interesting experiences doing a bit of telephone witnessing - something that makes me very nervous.  I spoke for a while to one lady who is deeply depressed about the way things are going and said she feels no hope that any government can sort this out.

I did try to assure her that the heavenly government can and will. I forgot to ask her if she had ever prayed for God's Kingdom to come. She sounded quite young, so possibly not.  Talking to people is not my forte.  But I was able to read her Jehovah's promise, from the book of Revelation, his assurance that He will "bring to ruin those ruining the earth". (Revelation 11:18).  And, as she spoke about the horrors of the invasion of the Ukraine - the continuing horrors - I also read her this promise from Psalms:

“Come and witness the activities of Jehovah,

 How he has done astonishing things on the earth.

 He is bringing an end to wars throughout the earth…” - Psalm 46:8,9


Astonishing things.  She did not want me to send her any further information, or links. But God's word is so powerful that I hope, and must remember to pray, that those words will take root in her heart and lead her to start searching.  If she does, she will find real hope.

My medical stuff proceeds apace.  Today was a Gym Lesson with my lovely, kind and patient Physio. She showed me an amazing exercise for the back that she herself sailed through, but which she was not going to give me. Not yet anyway.

 "Well" I said "If you hear a fleet of ambulances racing towards our block of flats, you'll know I have got a bit over-ambitious and given it a go."

And yesterday was The Dentist.  I now have my smile back - though was in too much "discomfort" to smile much to be honest.  Plus i have one more session to go.  The glue/cement is temporary, and it will have to be permanently mortared in in a couple of weeks... oh and I have my part in the Ministry School tonight - and a bonescan to look forward to tomorrow.

How does anyone have the time to be bored in retirement?

I should have mentioned, in my previous blog:  The Queen in her Golden Coach  that just as the lovely young Queen Elizabeth rode to her coronation in a Golden Coach,  she also arrived at her Platinum Jubilee that way, in hologram form!  The coach was real, the Queen was a hologram of her young self, waving.

No comments:

Post a Comment