Tuesday 15 June 2021

A Swan in the Evening (Flare-up right knee)

I am quite obsessed with the Sinead O'Connor version of "He Moved Through the Fair" at the moment:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_XoZhEX3kQ

Sorry this isn't properly linked. I used to be able to use the "link" on the blogposts  but then, as seems to be the way with things now, someone felt impelled to come along and make it incomprehensible.

Monday was very hot and the scent of the balcony flowers filled the dining room.   But my right knee is flaring up so I am in a lot of pain.  And when the singer of the song describes their loved one moving through the fair "like the swan in the evening moves over the lake",  I would have inspired no such description.  Mind you, I have always been on the clumsy side.  At least these days I can blame it on my age and my arthritis...

And today, Tuesday, I am even less swan-like, as both knees seem to be on strike, and very very painful.  I have done next to nothing today being in a haze of painkillers.  I attended the short Field Service in the morning and then talked to my siblings on Zoom,.  Poor Doris is at the doggy dentist at the moment.

And i made lunch and tea for us - a spicy veggie casserole for lunch, and an omleette for Himself for the Captain's supper. I had some Alpen and a yoghurt.

Here are some powerful words from our study schedule this week.  How important it is to come to know and love our Creator, Jehovah:

 "On this subject, perhaps no passage of Scripture is quoted more often than Deuteronomy 6:5-7. Please open your Bible and read those verses. Note that parents are first told to cultivate their own spirituality, building love for Jehovah and taking his words to heart. Yes, you need to be a serious student of God’s Word, reading the Bible regularly and meditating on it so that you develop a real understanding of and love for Jehovah’s ways, principles, and laws. As a result, your heart will be full of fascinating Bible truths that will move you to feel joy, awe, and love for Jehovah. You will have an abundance of good things to impart to your children.​—Luke 6:45"

Deuteronomy 6:5-7 says:  "You must love Jehovah your God with all your heart and all your soul and all your strength. These words that I am commanding you today must be on your heart, and you must inculcate them in your sons and speak of them when you sit in your house and when you walk on the road and when you lie down and when you get up."

    • And Luke 6:45 says:  "A good man brings good out of the good treasure of his heart, but a wicked man brings what is wicked out of his wicked treasure; for out of the heart’s abundance his mouth speaks."


No comments:

Post a Comment