Wednesday 30 June 2021

A Bad Night, An Invite. a Flare-up (right ankle), and An Anniversary

Monday night was awful - my right ankle flared up and my whole body was shaking with the pain  Neither of us got much in the way of sleep.  The ankle is still swollen and painful - I have my trusty zimmer beside me as I type - but I was able to sleep last night, for which I thank God.

We are awaiting the arrival of our Waitrose order, and after that Col may be going to Portsmouth, on a call out - another dementia patient has gone missing.  So I hope to be able to totter about and make him a packed lunch. And supper tonight is really easy - IF Waitrose send everything we have ordered - pizza and a berry salad. 

It is now lunchtime and the order has come, all present and correct, and the dementia patient has been found, safe and well, so I shall have the Captain to myself today. And I have spent the morning  in cyberspace - at the meeting and in the field service.  Plus I have the packed lunch for tomorrow on standby in the fridge, as he didn't need it for today.

Our annual Convention - POWERFUL BY FAITH - is coming up - and as it will be in online.  If  you would like to attend some, or all, of the sessions, you can find the details here:   https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/conventions/  

Or simply go to our website JW.org, go to "About us" and click on "Conventions".

It is a three day Convention - Friday, Saturday and Sunday - as always.  Sessions will be posted incrementally in July and August.

We in the congregation here will have the Friday morning session on Sunday (if that makes any sense) after a shortened Watchtower.  The meeting will begin at 9.30, with a half hour study, and then, after a 10 minute interlude, the Convention will start.

I am very much looking forward to it. We are all going to need a strong faith to get us through these "difficult times, hard to deal with". And if we have that faith in Jehovah, we will get through to the restored earthly paradise. He will help us every step of the way.

It is Penny and George's 45th Wedding Anniversary today - hurray for them!  Pen has posted a lovely picture of George on the beach on fb this morning.   But where are these years flying away to?


No comments:

Post a Comment