Tuesday 29 October 2019

Fotographing Fungi

Captain Butterfly was out all day last Wednesday - firstly doing a presentation and then he went off to chase the wild mushroom herds over the plains of Ebernoe.     He found and photographed a "Beechwood Sickener".  Now, call it a woman's intuition, but I don't think he will be taking that one home for tea.
Beechwood Sickener, Russula nobilis
I would never dare to pick and eat mushrooms anyway, as even experienced pickers can make mistakes, and those mistakes can be fatal.

Jean and I had a lovely morning on the doors today doing return visits. The traffic is getting worse though - more and more complicated.   Roadworks, which of course have to be done; there are lorries parked on narrow roads on double yellow lines, because there is nowhere else for them to park, and a worrying number of people don't seem to understand how a roundabout works. That is a traffic island for my American readers - if I have any - and Hello from across The Pond.

And I feel so tired.   I did make a big carrot cake for the freezer, for Himself's packed lunches.  And got us our lunch and supper, but that was about it.

I was wondering about calling this blog "For all the Lonely People" - because of this short video we watched and discussed at a recent meeting at The Kingdom Hall.   Or I could have called it "No Longer a Fatherless Child", in my dear Chinese sister's own powerful words.

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/VODIntExpTransformations/pub-jwb_201902_5_VIDEO

No comments:

Post a Comment