Tuesday 27 June 2023

The Loos!



Glastonbury, the Festival, has been on the telly, and Captain B has been recording it and watching bits.  It all looked rather boring to me, but then I am not in touch with the current music scene to put it mildly.  Apparently Elton John went down very well by basically - and wisely - sticking with his 1970s hits.

But all I could think about when I saw the crowds - the immense tightly packed crowd - was this: What can the loos be like?

it does not bear thinking about, so I won't. 

The only crowd I can cope with is at the Jehovah's Witness Conventions, when I am with my brothers and sisters and everything is calm and well-organised. Though it will take a bit of a miracle if I can make it to even one session this year, such are my multiplying health problems.

We - the Captain and myself - have  been watching a fascinating TV series about the Viking conquests of England - specifically by King Canute.  Or Cnut as we would say now. Its called Vikings: Blood Conquest and Kingdom.  What a tragedy human history has been. But also what a good king Canute turned out to be, when he had completed his conquest.

And I was amazed at how young he was and how he and his rival king, the legitimate heir to the English throne, Edmund Ironside, so young too, were such good tacticians.

But so many people, on both sides, died, plus all the poor civilians en route...   Once again, I hope there is a wonderful awakening ahead of them, and they will open their eyes in an earth where, as the Bible promises, there will no-one and nothing to make them afraid.

"Come and witness the activities of Jehovah, how he has done astonishing things on the earth. He is bringing an end to wars throughout the earth..."Psalm 46:8,9

Astonishing things - an end to war - something that no human government has ever been able to accomplish, to this day.

I must see if I can find a suitably named moth to head this blog...  the Cnut?  the Edmund Ironside? The Elton?

OK - well - the picture above is clearly not a moth, it's from the Fungi Gallery in The Captain's Log (which is linked to this blog).  The tenuous connection is that Amethyst Deceiver (which is what it is) would be quite a good name for a band - one that could well have been from the Seventies.  I am trying to think of a hit song it might have had... but nothing is turning up.  "I'm a fun guy..."?  (sorry)

Saw my young Optician this morning. She says things are improving, though there is still damage, and wants me to intensify the current treatments and see how I am a month from now.

Still alive, I hope.



No comments:

Post a Comment