Wednesday 12 April 2023

Thank you for Calling my Blog...



Thank you for calling my blog. A blogpost will be with you soon (as soon as I have finished writing it).  We hope to be with you in 3 working days.  

If you want a Haiku please go to: https://sueknight2000.blogspot.com/2021/02/ponds.html

And if you want a photo of a Moth please go to:  https://sueknight2000.blogspot.com/search?q=moth

And while you are waiting I will sing a selection of songs tunelessly at you.   Er.. sorry... got a bit caught up there in the business of calling the garage re car breakdown, and Boots re hearing aid breakdown.

Both appliances failed just in time for the Bank Holiday. But how did they know it was a Bank Holiday?!  Their timing was impeccable.  I am hoping that by the time I post this blog, both car and hearing aid will have been fixed - and it will have turned out that the missing piece is not lodged in my ear!

I am very much hoping that.

As I began this blog, on Tuesday, the process was underway in that Captain B drove my car to a local garage, with the AA in close attendance in case the car fails en route.  

The tenuous link for the photo above is that I am hoping to get out on the balcony soon to do my studying for the day, and get a measure of sun.  Although the fierce storm we had yesterday will have soaked our balcony chairs again, so I doubt I will be out there today.  And also, we have the scaffolders back, so there was a lot of chatter from the balcony yesterday. They are here to fix a leak in the flat above and complete the pointing. Or rather, they are fixing the scaffolding for the builders who are going to come to do all this. When they will actually turn up is a mystery.

The car is back from hospital.  We collected it yesterday. And I have an appointment with the Audiologist on Friday, where, hopefully, my hearing aid problem will be tackled, if not resolved.

And in her Treasures Series, which we are enjoying so much, Bettany Hughes did tackle some of the horrors the people of Albania went through under Communism. And it is pretty much unbearable.  They had their own Stalin, and what they went through at his hands... What is it about these mad "isms"?  

And why is it we learn nothing from our past?  Bettany showed us the blatant luxury in which the Party elite lived, contrasted with the desperate poverty of the people they lived off.  And we too are seeing how the rich get richer and the poor get poorer, so that some people have more than they could spend in a hundred lifetimes, while others never have quite enough for the basic necessities.

As the Hebrew Scriptures warn us, It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step.  Shouldn't that truth be evident by now?  What is there left to try that has not already failed?

How much we need the perfect. loving rule of the Kingdom of God, the heavenly government that knows and cares for every one of its subjects.

Already it is teaching millions of us - from every tribe and nation and tongue - to live in peace as the brothers and sisters we truly are.

And it will put an end to the time during which Man has dominated man to his harm.

No comments:

Post a Comment