Thursday 16 March 2023

Troubles with Teeth







I am wrestling with getting my next - last? - book ready for publication.  I am trying to move editorial comments from Dropbox to new files that will go to the publisher. It has been frustrating, but hopefully I have got the hang of it and will get it finished this week...

My 6 monthly dental check up and clean was due Wednesday - and I hope I will not have to be giving my next blog the title: More Troubles with Teeth.  Only everything is hurting now - including my poor old teeth.  I badly need the new body, the perfect, living one that only my Creator, Jehovah, can give me. And I am trying to keep firmly in mind what his Messiah, Jesus, did while he was on the earth - how he healed people, completely and instantly.  It is very reassuring.

The photos above are from Col's diving days - Moray eels, with gleaming teeth - probably from The Maldives.

They are usually quite friendly creatures and would allow Col to stroke them.  He said the smaller ones could be a bit aggressive and nippy though.  I expect they have a harder life.

How long ago those days seem.  

Good news from the dentist. He is very pleased with me!  My teeth may not be quite up to Moray eel standard, not quite so gleaming and pearly, but they are OK. And, after all, I don't have to catch my own fish.

All being well, I won't have to see him again for another 3 months.  And I gave him and all his staff an invitation to the Memorial and the Special Talk, along with a thank you card for all their care and kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment