Tuesday 31 August 2021

The Cake Fairy Asleep on her Watch

I was on the school Thursday night - first part - 3 minutes. I was the Householder, it was not my part.  I just had to respond. But it is a subject dear to my heart - something i always wondered about until I began my Bible study with the JWs.  If God is love, and all powerful, why is the world so full of cruelty and injustice.  We are looking again at how the Bible answers that, using these two Scriptures

"When under trial, let no one say: “I am being tried by God.” For with evil things God cannot be tried, nor does he himself try anyone." - James 1:13

which is leading up to: "We know that we originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one." - 1 John 5:19

As long as Satan the devil is running the system of things on the earth, there will be suffering. But, thank God, his time is very short now.

We had our last glimpse of this year's Convention on Sunday morning as we discussed the previous Sunday afternoon session.  I have really enjoyed it and am sorry it is over.

On a more mundane level, when making the two boxes of sandwiches and cake for the Captain's weekend, I found I was out of cake. I scoured the freezer from top to bottom and unearthed one piece of carrot cake and one marmalade muffin.   So I devoted Friday afternoon to making a batch of marmalade muffins from my reliable Cranks Cookbook recipe.

The Cake Fairy had been sleeping on her watch.

And Col and I are enjoying the new thriller series on the Beeb - Vigil - strange happenings on a nuclear submarine, into which the detective has to be lowered by helicopter.  It is a strange and claustrophobic world.  one in which it is hard to get rid of evidence - it cannot be thrown overboard!

No comments:

Post a Comment