Friday 5 October 2018

The Apprentice Returns

The new series of The Apprentice has begun.

“I’m like a cash machine. If you punch the right buttons I will give you money”: Alex Finn, “IT analyst”, offering a perfect précis of a mugging.
https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/reviews/the-apprentice-review-episode-1-lord-sugar-candidates-fired-karren-claude-house-bbc-a8567566.html

Are the Candidates coached to say these sorts of things, or chosen because they say these sorts of things?  Would any of them say the things they say in real life?   Are they all simply after a career in Reality TV, or do they really want to set up a business?

And has it just got too idiotic now to be watchable? 

Anyway, I am going to give it a try. 

I was out with my siblings on Thursday morning- we had a good morning, did over an hour and a half on the field service - and it was the meeting in the evening.  And typing this blog reminds me that I must put a note in my diary that we have the Broadcast on Saturday week.

Which I have just done.

I can't say I did much else yesterday, apart from provide lunch and dinner for The Captain et moi.  Veggie soup for lunch, and a supper of omelette and chips for himself, and a more diabetes compatible veggie curry for me.

And I took Jean over to see Maggie on Wednesday. She gave us a very warm welcome.

It should be a quiet enough weekend for me, but a hectic metal-detecting one for the Captain, who I will only be seeing in the evenings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment