Curries, via two sturdy guys, delivered our new oven on Friday morning - quick and efficient - all done before 9 o clock. It looks very smart, and we now have the oven and the grill in the right places - grill on top, oven below. So, what with that and our new shower having been fitted on Monday and working well, it was a good week for appliances.
Are there any appliance poems I wonder? I just looked on Google and, to my amazement, there are - verse rather than poetry though, which makes sense. But I am not inspired to write one, alas.
We had visitors round for a chile evening, which I thought would put the new oven to the test. However, the guest who was cooking for us did it all on the stove top. And very good it was too. Makes me realise how long it is since I cooked my faithful old TexMex chile recipe that was very popular in our expat days - when we entertained a lot.
We tested out the new oven on Saturday night when it cooked pizzas beautifully for us all - seven of us - and so quietly too! It makes me realise that poor old oven had been grumbling and rattling for some time before it gave up, but I had obviously got used to it.
Last week we started the Lady of the Flowers on Lesson 31 of the book Enjoy Life Forever: What is God's Kingdom?
She had a conventional Protestant upbringing, religious assemblies at school. church attendance, Sunday school, while I had an intensive religious education at my convent school. Yet neither of us were taught anything about the Kingdom of God.
Interestingly, novelist and historian H. G. Wells called attention to this failure of Christendom’s clergy when he wrote: “Remarkable is the enormous prominence given by Jesus to the teaching of what he called the Kingdom of Heaven, and its comparative insignificance in the procedure and teaching of most of the Christian churches.”
It is remarkable in one way, but not in another when you consider this warning from the Book of Revelation:
"So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth..." - Rev.12:9
The "original serpent" the one who lied to our first parents, and set this whole disaster in train, is now misleading the entire inhabited earth.
But if we listen to our Creator and let us ourselves be guided by him, we will not be fooled. Jehovah will guide us safely through to the restored earthly paradise.

No comments:
Post a Comment