Tuesday 28 February 2023

In Like a Lion, or Out Like a Lamb?







We are now on the threshold of March, and the old saying is that if March comes in like a lion, it goes out like a lamb - and vice versa.  I must remember to notice if that rule still works, as the weather patterns do seem to be changing, worldwide.  It was a cold but sunny Springlike day on Saturday and I managed to get to the field service group. And I was given a lift, as we had to drive across the roundabout of terror.*  It was a good morning. 

On the way back I got some milk and coffee from Tesco's, as I was on what Sheldon Cooper would call "hot beverage" duty after the meeting on Sunday. I also picked up some After Eight mints for someone who is buying a copy of my book Disraeli Hall, which I delivered on the way to the meeting.  I have probably said this before, but it is odd how the week reverses in retirement. My weekends are usually very busy, and I quite look forward to a rest on Monday.

Of course I got a bit stressed about it all and had a rather restless night dreaming about forgetting to bring the milk to the Hall.  But it went well, greatly helped by my partner, who made real coffee for us all - the best Brazilian at that.  We usually make do with instant.

The Captain and I still compete over Wordle, Quordle and Octordle every morning.  We look set for a draw this morning - which is my preferred option.

The Octordle words on Monday morning - so no spoiler alert required - were: Miser, Paste, Dunce, Adobe, Bayou, Major, Clone, Inbox.

I expect one of the great Japanese masters of the Haiku could make a wonderful poem out of that.  I can't, try as I might. 

The lion and the various lambs above were all taken by Captain B - the lion taken on our trip to S.A. for a friend's wedding.  I don't want to give anyone the impression that Sussex has lions living wild and free.  Not until the Kingdom of God is ruling over us that is.   Who knows, maybe then it will?  But then famously, the lion will lie down with the lamb, as the peace that prevailed in Eden will be restored, earthwide.

"Re the roundabout of terror, ideally of course one drives round it, not across it.



No comments:

Post a Comment