Tuesday 25 September 2018

The Return of the Natives - Dave and Maggie

Captain B has asked me to point out that the Detectorist Fest he went to in Norfolk was not Detectorval - clearly that it not a generic term, as I thought - but was called  Something Else (I will have to check with him when he returns from his SUSSAR call out).

And it is very organised and raises money for local charities.  I know he would like to go again next year, if there is one.

I was out with Jean in the morning doing return visits.   Had some excellent calls. And I dropped a card in to Grace, giving her my contact details in case she needs any further info.

Dave and Maggie came today and took us for lunch at the Arun View.   We haven't been for ages, and it was a real treat.   I had grilled mushrooms with cheese on a bed of veggies, Maggie had a chicken salad, Dave had cod and new potatoes and the Captain had roast crackling pork with all the trimmings.

We came back here for coffee, biscuits and ice-cream. I demonstrated the soup machine to Maggie, who is keen on getting one.

They still seem very happy with their Thai life, and are both keeping busy - Maggie with her new career in showbiz!   Never think that retirement will be boring. It isn't. Just the opposite.  But we are all very conscious of how time is slipping away.

It was very good to see them again. We have known each other a long long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment