Monday 17 September 2018

Captain Butterfly - the Return!

The Captain got back from his long weekend Metal Detecting.  And it did seem a long weekend without him.  And talking of without - he is still without that hoard.  But he had a good time.

I kept busy.  Jean and I managed nearly an hour and a half on the field service on Saturday morning, and it was a productive hour I hope. And I managed about an hour yesterday, picking up on some return visits, and also getting into a long discussion about Evolution/Creation.  And I took Jacks to her GP appointment on Friday.  They were running a good half hour behind, so it was a long wait. Then we drove to the Pharmacy to get the meds, and I had a coffee with Jacks afterwards. And popped in again Saturday afternoon, for another coffee.  Heather was there, looking stunning.

Anyway, I am very glad to have His Lordship back - and am looking forward to my lovely morning coffee. No-one flies the coffee machine like Captain B.

Had some bad news about my health, and am beginning to wonder if I will follow my mother, who, sadly died in her mid-70s, warn out by the arthritis and the medications. And the pain.

But we had a wonderful meeting at the Kingdom Hall yesterday.  And whatever happens, I do hope I will "inherit the earth" and live forever on this lovely planet.  Its an undeserved kindness, so we can all hope.  But we do need to grasp hold of the lifebelt that Jehovah is holding out to every one of us - the ransom sacrifice of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment