Saturday 30 September 2023

A Dream



As I said, I have been thinking about my Northern hometown recently, and now it has got into my dreams.  Should we move back?  Should we not?  As long as Col does not want to, its not an option anyway.  I have mixed feelings. I am so happy here, by the sea, in our lovely flat. And Sheffield has both happy memories and sad ones. I loathed my schooldays for example - from the first to the last day.  And now I come to think of it, I can remember my first day at school vividly  - the horror! - but nothing at all about my last day. Surely I must have felt some joy about it?

Does anyone else remember their last day at school?  I am pretty sure we nearly all remember the first. Though perhaps it is different for the pre-school generation who will already have spent a lot of time away from home and mother, so hopefully it is not the total shock it was.  I remember two little sisters who just cried and cried non-stop until the time came for their mother to return.  That went on for days.

As for those sent away to boarding schools...  Why do we think it's OK to put children through such distress I wonder?   

Anyway, my dream was not of school (or it would have qualified as a nightmare) but of meeting my sister's ex boyfriend - a very nice guy.  He came to our table in a vast warehouse/restaurant place to tell us he was very ill - us being Col, Nute and me.   I didn't catch what he said and had to ask him to repeat it. He spelt out his condition in a loud voice and it was the same as Janet had.  I wonder why I have to be deaf in my dreams too - subconscious, if you are lurking here, please fix.

And I noticed that he was speaking only to me and Col and not even looking at Nute. And I felt sad thinking that after all these years, he still feels hurt that it ended.  But then later in the dream he was looking for her, though I woke up before he found her.

What was the point of all that?  In real life they parted on good enough terms and remained friends. In fact, he came round to take her out for a walk in the park after her husband died, which I thought was a very nice thing to do. Walking is good for sadness and depression.

Of course, I don't want any of us to get old sick and die - or to have any cause for sadness and depression.  I want us all to "inherit the earth" as Jesus promised, and live on this lovely planet forever. And I hope so much that our parents, and Ken, and all those we have lost to death will be waking up and joining us.   The above pic is an Autumnscape, taken by Captain B - I am not sure when and where - but to remind us what a jewel of a planet we are living on - courtesy of our Grand Creator, Jehovah, the God of Abraham.

No comments:

Post a Comment