Saturday 25 March 2023

The March Wind Doth Blow



We woke up on Wednesday to a grey and stormy day - waves on the Channel, the trees in the Gardens blowing in the wind.  No snow as yet though.  And none forecast as far as I know.  Anyway, I love weather, so I am happy. Not selfishly though I hope, as I know most people want sunshine every day.  But if we had that, wouldn't we be living in a desert? The roadworks outside seem to be progressing. There are potholes everywhere, and they do need dealing with, so its good to see them being fixed.

The News itself is dreadful - literally, in that it would fill me full of dread, if it were not for Jehovah's promise that he will "bring to ruin those ruining the earth",  How do those who have not studied Bible prophecies cope with the continuing horrors?

Our Special Talk this year, on the Sunday before the Memorial - which will be held on the 4th of April - is entitled: You Can Face the Future With Confidence. Which is so timely.  

And I did go out on the door to door work on Thursday - doing return visits with a sister. We got some very warm welcomes from people we have not seen for a long time, and gave them invitations to both Special Talk and Memorial.

I am so I glad I went as it energised me, and I managed to do quite a bit of housework in the afternoon, along with my studying for the midweek meeting, and I also got the next batch of veggie soup made.  However, I was also struck down with two very sudden health problems that meant I had to attend the Thursday meeting by Pixel. My arm started to bleed badly - my skin is so thin now, due in part to the meds i have to take. And I either have a violent stomach bug, or something more organic is going on.  

I am wondering if I will soon effectively be confined to home.  Old age really is a struggle, and I am in it.  And losing. 

But this was never meant to happen to us.  We should all have been perfect and living, not damaged and dying, so no wonder it is hard to cope.  I am writing this on a sunny, springlike Friday, while feeling very wintery myself.

But there is so much to hope for. For one thing, if and when old age does overtake me and do its worst, there is this beautiful resurrection promise to rely on:

“Your dead will live.

My corpses will rise up.

Awake and shout joyfully,

You residents in the dust!

For your dew is as the dew of the morning,

And the earth will let those powerless in death come to life." - Isaiah 26:19


Your dead will live.  Jehovah can and will awaken all those who are safe in his memory, safe in "the everlasting arms", and they will see this lovely earth again.   Which it is why it is so urgently important to seek for Jehovah while he may be found. We all need to be safe in his memory, every hair of our heads numbered.

This is on my mind this week as one of my sisters has had a stroke - a very mild one, diagnosed (thanks to her brilliant GP) and being treated. But...

A lot of stress this week.  The metaphorical March wind is blowing.


No comments:

Post a Comment