Monday 11 March 2019

A Magnolia Morning

Jean and I were out on a beautiful March morning on Saturday.  The March wind had blown and brought snow to the North, but it had blown us blue skies full of fluffy white clouds.   Daffodils were everywhere, and the blossom is arriving. The magnolias are out and splendid.  Impossibly beautiful against the blue sky.

The creation is telling us and telling us of its Grand Creator, Jehovah, the God of Abraham.

We managed two hours - going slowly round the little Close we had been allotted - then doing some calls - including getting asked in for a chat by a gentleman I was just about to give up on as I haven't found him at home for ages - plus selfishly I wanted to get back to the Kingdom Hall for a cup of tea - however we did knock at his door - he was at home! - he asked us in - it turns out that he too worked in Saudi Arabia - he will read the magazine and we may call back.  He seemed rather taken with Jean.  And we just made it back to the Kingdom Hall in time for the monthly broadcast (and a cup of tea).   It is well worth watching - and starts with a little clip about our brothers and sisters in Armenia.
https://tv.jw.org/#en/mediaitems/StudioMonthly2019/pub-jwb_201903_1_VIDEO

It was a happy morning.    Jacks is coming round this evening - for chicken potatoes and veggies.  I am starting this blog Saturday evening.

Monday is sunny and blustery. There were wonderful waves on The Channel -  and  yesterday I did a seaside walk to the Pier- meeting one of our elders and his wife doing the same.  The meeting was so good. The talk was about Creation v Evolution - underlining the profound gap between Bible teaching and evolutionary theory.  And also the profound gap between what scientists now know and evolutionary theory.

Surely Darwin himself would not accept his theory now?  He honestly acknowledged problems with  it back then.

The Speaker explained and illustrated his talk so well, helping even a scientific dunce like myself to understand.   Poor Mr Capps, my maths teacher of long ago, went white when he realised I was in his maths O level class. 

They removed me to a lower grade exam after a while, for the sake of his sanity I expect.

I can now see, in a dim sort of way, that maths is a fascinating subject - but still can't understand it.

Its a sad thing about the school system - of my day anyway - that it tended to take in children, little sponges who long to soak up learning, and teach them that learning is both boring, and something that you get wrong and get told off about.

Being taught by Jehovah is such a lovely contrast.  Its a pleasure and a privilege.  And a privilege open to all who will avail themselves of it.

And may I say that Mr.Capps is one of the teachers I have fond memories of.  He may have got the whole class laughing at my hopeless attempts at sums, but he had me laughing along with them.




No comments:

Post a Comment