Monday 30 April 2018

An Evening with Lorrie

Don't seem to have caught my breath, and an awful lot of dozing on the sofa in front of the telly simply hasn't got done.  Jacks over last night - I made a fish pie and a fresh fruit salad - and we had our usual fun evening  - laughing at our plights.

Then I got an email from Linda - ex-Planet Expat - to say that Lorrie was in the country and could they both come over on Sunday...   a lovely surprise.  But not much notice.   So, after the meeting in the morning I took AM with me to Waitrose - she needed some shopping too - and I also visited Cooks and put together a sort of chill cabinet Asian meal - Thai chicken, Tamarind beef, Indian rice, and Chinese spring rolls. And made another fresh fruit salad.

It was great to see her.  Brought back many happy memories from Planet Expat.

Captain B had been out for both days -  Marshalling on Saturday (a fundraiser for SUSSAR) and Metal Detecting yesterday.  He was looking very angst ridden in the car on Saturday when we shopped - I thought that he was perhaps wrestling with the question of Life, the Universe, and Everything - but it turns out he is thinking about buying a new metal detector and is agonising over which one to have.

He is not one given to philosophical musings which is one of the many things I love about him.  And he would never write me a poem (except of the "Your teeth, like stars, come out a night, but Dentisomething will keep them tight" variety).  Which is another of the things I love about him.

And when I asked him if he could possibly take Jean to the hospital tomorrow, he said cheerfully "Of course, happy to". 

We had a trip into our youth Saturday night, as we went to see Kiki Dee, who was appearing in Graffham.
https://www.midsussextimes.co.uk/whats-on/music/west-sussex-date-for-kiki-dee-1-8471033

We drove through the Downland on winding country lanes in the lovely Spring evening, and had a great time. It was a tiny venue, so we were very close to her and Carmelo.   She sang "Amoreuse", and a great version of "It was a very good year", and lots of new stuff too.


No comments:

Post a Comment