Tuesday 18 June 2013

The House of Two Milks

Bea arrives tomorrow.  But we will remain the house of Two Milks, as she is not on the soya at the moment.  My June magazines have all been delivered and Ursula rang up to say thanks and to have a chat.

A quiet day of housework, studying, and watching daytime TV.

I have been re-reading my climbing books, and have re-climbed Everest with Bear Grylls, John Krakauer, and Matt Dickinson.   They all take you right up there with them - even though, in my case, I do slow everyone down as they have to wait for me to zimmer up the difficult bits.

It has reminded me though that life is too precious to climb mountains.  It is a gamble, from top to bottom.  The strongest and most careful climber can die up there. And a rescue is pretty much impossible. That was demonstrated only too tragically in John Krakauer's "Into Thin Air", as Rob Hall and Andy Harris both died trying to save Doug Hansen.

I hope all three of them will wake up when the time comes, and see this lovely earth again.  I don't think Jehovah will forget them.  

As Job said: 
"O that in She´ol you would conceal me,
That you would keep me secret until your anger turns back,
That you would set a time limit for me and remember me.
If an able-bodied man dies can he live again?
All the days of my compulsory service I shall wait,
Until my relief comes.
You will call, and I myself shall answer you.
For the work of your hands you will have a yearning."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment